The meeting of the Wilmington Neighborhood Council (WNC) was
called to order by Cecilia Moreno, Co-Chair, at at the
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by Cecilia Moreno
Roll Call of Governing Board Members confirming a quorum. (Present: Dennis McCarbery, Skip Baldwin, Angie Colclasure, Socorro Fimbres, Adelaida Godinez, Donna Ethington, Arthur Hernandez, Gary Kern, Bobby McNeill, Ana Medina, Lucy Mejia, Helen Mora, Cecilia Moreno, Lucia Moreno-Linares, Hank Osterhaoudt, Marcus Perez, Michael Sanborn) (Excused: Jack Babbitt, Marisela Caraballo) 13 Present at roll call, Quorum. (17 present later.)
2. Approval of August minutes MSA Lucy M/Dennis M, 11 Yes, 3 Abstain, 0 No, Passed
A Police also gave report. Sat 29th clean up, need volunteers. Q&A
4. Public Comment: Comments from community members, not board members. Parliamentarian explained this is for public comment, not comments form board members or discussions.
5. Government Rep. Reports: Gordon Tubor from Council District 15th gave report, including request for funding to study Light Rail Line to Harbor. Q&A
6. Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority Dan Davis & Connie Rivera gave report. Q&A.
7. COPPS Report: Community Outreach Promoting Safety & Security, WNC Rep. Pat Rome gave report.
8. Presentations: Tesoro Refinery Brissa Sotelo & Tom Webber gave presentation. Brissa will follow up next month with other projects report. Tesoro is hiring and community members can go to www.workforce_alliance.com for application. Q&A
9. Action Items
a. PCAC items for October None.
b. Recommendation for approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve sending Election Committee response letter to Human Relations Commission regarding Final Decision Maker Report. The prepared letter was reviewed and MSA Dennis M/Lucia Moreno-Linares to approve and send. Discussion, Vote, 15 Yes, 1 Abstain, 0 No, Passed.
c. Recommendation for Approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve sending letter to City Planning Department and Council District 15th regarding opposition to any adjustments to Wilmington/Harbor City Community Plan. MSA Dennis M/Helen Mora, Discussion, Vote, 16 Yes, 0 No, 0 abstain, Passed.
d. Recommendation for Approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve sending letter to DWP and Council Office opposing DWP rate increase, MSA Ana M/Skip B,
Discussion, Vote, 16 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstain, Passed.
e. Recommendation for Approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve providing up to $500 in food sponsorship of Northeast Clean Up on 9-20-07, MSA Gary K/Art H,
Discussion, Vote, 17 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstain, Passed.
10. Information Items
· Bi-monthly Community Cleanups Still waiting for schedule.
· Refreshment schedule for 2007-08 meetings. Tonights by Non Profit Fraternal Cecilia Moreno, Next Month, October, Education Angie C.
· Maya Restaurant Beer and Wine License Letter from Jesus Gamboa, owner of restaurant, letting community know that in the future he plans to apply for a license for his restaurant.
· COLA Budget Day is October 13th Dennis M volunteered to go for WNC.
· COLA Zero Waste Plan meeting September 27th.
WNC Meeting Schedule in November and
December. The November Executive Board
meeting will be on November 7 and the WNC on November 14. In December, the EB will meet December 5 and
the WNC on December 12 (the sixth anniversary of the formation of the first NC
in the City of
11. Report from D.O.N.E. - Rosa Arcadia reported on two free upcoming events the October 13 Mayors Budget Day from 8 am to 1 pm at L.A. City Hall Council Chamber, and the October 27 NC Congress at the L.A. Convention Center from 8 am to 1 pm. Art Hernandez volunteered to take display of WNC. Cecilia will let Carlos at DONE know.
12. Reports of Officers
· Chair Excused absent.
· Co-chair no report.
· Secretary no report.
· Treasurer Excused absent.
13. Reports by Standing Committees
· By-Laws Committee Dennis M. reported that proposed bylaws amendments and policy statements will be presented at the next meeting.
Executive Board meeting will be the second
Wednesday of September at
· Finance Committee meeting is immediately following the Executive Board on the second Wednesday.
· Gateway & Beautification Committee meets the first Tuesday monthly at at the WMB WNC office.
· Land Use & Planning Committee Skip B said the group meets sporadically on the second Wednesday monthly.
· Public Works Committee Meets on the second Wednesday monthly.
· Publicity and Communications Committee Cecilia Moreno reported that now that new board is seated, she will follow up on business card proposal.
· Transportation Committee Donna E handed out written report.
· PCAC Representatives Report Donna E. gave written report.
14. Unfinished Business Mike Sanborn gave update on Museum Guide book which WNC helped to sponsor.
15. New Business
Dennis requested report on attendance of Governing board members. Lucia will provide report for Oct meeting. .
16. Reports from Caucus Groups
Churches Helen Moran announced next meeting.
17. Reports from Members-at-Large: None
18. Announcement from Board Members and community Susan Prichard
19. Adjourn 8:30 PM
Minutes taken by Lucia Moreno-Linares, Secretary
Approved, Cecilia Moreno, Co-chair Chair