May 23, 2007 Meeting Minutes
The meeting of the Wilmington Neighborhood Council (WNC) was
called to order by Chair Jack Babbitt at at the
Pledge of Allegiance led by Dennis M.
Roll Call of Governing Board Members confirming a quorum. 15 present. Quorum.
Approval of March minutes MSA Gary K/Lucy M, 14 Yes, 1 Abstain, 0 No, Passed
2. Public Comment
Los Angeles Police Department- Officers Zurick gave report, Q&A
Public comment for non agenda items from
A. – Antonette Radovick from
B- Ana Maria Lopez from Banning High school requesting funding for Academic Jackets for ….students for 2008 school year, need $2,500 to give jackets to 3.5 GPA students.
C- Gary Sands, resident, on items of interest, Air Quality Study
E-ACTA – Dan Davis gave report. Q&A
3. Presentations: None
4. Action Items
a. PCAC Items: Item for June “H” Donna E explained motion, MSA Gary/Donna to WNC to support motion, discussion, Vote, 12 Yes, 0 N0, 3 Abstain (Jack, Marisela, Cecilia). PCAC reps to vote YES if item comes up for vote. On prior motion from last meeting, PCAC to abstain if it comes up for vote.
b. Banning High School Football Team Request: The WNC Executive Board recommends to the WNC Governing Board that the WNC fund the BHS Football team’s need for practice equipment in the amount of $2,940.63 MSA Lucy/ discussion, Vote, 14 Yes, 0 No, 1 Abstain (Compton), Passed.
Beautification Request for Increased Funding: Motion by
WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board that the WNC approve the request of
an additional $1,200 per year to maintain the gateway medallions that have
increased from thirty (30) to one hundred (100). Discussion, Vote, 12 Yes,
1 No (
e. WNC Trademark Registration: Motion from WNC executive board recommending to WNC governing board that the WNC issue a letter commending the work of Port of Los angles Senior Lead Officer Ryan Strauss to be sent to officer Strauss and other appropriate officials. MSA Ceci/ Discussion, Vote, 15 Yes, 0 No, 0 abstain. Passed.
5. Information Items
a. Refreshments: Labor for June meeting.
b. Community transportation forum: June 9th.
c. Bi Monthly Community Clean Ups: July is Labor groups, Socorro, May Hank & Nell residents.
6. Report from DONE: Rosa Arcadia from DONE gave report
7. Report of Officers: Jack gave report and thanked Gary Kern and his adhoc committee for their work on mitigation projects. Thanked Lucia & Helen from Churches for refreshments.
Vice: no report
Secretary- No report
8. Reports by Standing Committees
a. By Laws: Maricela gave report. June 20th from to will be elections.
b. Finance Committee: Jack presented the 2007-2008 WNC budget prepared by Pat, WNC Treasurer, MSA Lucia/Lucy, to accept budget as presented, Discussion, Vote, 14 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstain, Passed.
c. Planning and Use: Skip & Lucy gave report
d. Public Works Committee: Jack announced next meeting.
e. Transportation Committee: Donna gave report.
f. Publicity and Communications Committee – Lucia gave report.
g. PCAC Committee: Donna gave report
9. Unfinished and New Business- MSA to accept minutes of special meeting. MSA Gary/Hank, with correction to Marisela’s name, 13 Yes, 0 No, 1 Abstain, Passed.
10. Pat Rome gave COPSS report. Will be included earlier in the agenda next time.
11. Dave Williams, Postmaster, gave report
13. Ricardo Hong from Mayors office on Day of Service support from WNC
14. Announcement from Governing Board Members
Mike Announced that
16. Cecilia Announced Historical tours by POLA and Tree give away.
17. Donna announced Wilmington Family Picnic on June 9th
18. WNC received plaque from LANI for Beautification committees work.
19. Adjournment – Co-chair adjourned the meeting at .
20. Minutes taken by Lucia Moreno-Linares, Secretary 14 present
21. Approved, Jack Babbitt, Chair