6:15 P.M. Meeting called to order by Toni O’Donnell, Chair.
Toni introduced self and gave brief statement: “As provided by the Brown Act, person in the audience may address the committee in connection with any agenda item or during the public comments period. Anyone desiring to speak please complete a speaker card and submit it to the secretary.” Translation to Spanish Available
1-Pledge of Allegiance, Roll call of members, 19 present, quorum
2-Public Comment on Non-Agenda items
· LAPD/SLO update by Lieutenant Dimartino
· Dick Fleming, resident
· Don Compton
· Ken Melendez-BID (Business Improvement District) gave report
3- Approval of Minutes for February
· Soledad Garcia of Coastal San Pedro NC on DWP MOU with NC’s, Q&A
Mike Sandborn from
· John Miranda of HJ Baker on lease with Harbor Department, Q&A
5-Action Items: from Executive committee:
MSA Donna/Helen, discussion, vote, 8 Yes, 10 No, 1 Abstain, not passed
Motion1: Governing board waives Article X11-amendments, requirement of 20 day notice for by-laws changes, in order to have time to submit bylaws to DONE in time for next WNC elections, MSA, Dennis/Hank, discussion, Q&A, Mark Lewis from DONE explained by the need, more discussion, vote, 14 Yes, 5 No, 0 abstain, Passed.
Motion 2: A: amend “stakeholder Committee” to” Stakeholder caucus” in entire document, MSA Tony . . . R/Hank O, discussion, vote, 13 yes, 5 no, 1 abstain, Passed
B: amend to allow
Stakeholder Caucus to “select” rather that “elect/select/ vote for and or vote
on”, MSA Cecilia
C: Amend the election/selection process time line to reflect the actual dates and include the three options for selecting Stakeholder Caucus Representatives and clear up other errors in typing, MSA Dennis M/Cecilia M, discussion, 14 yes, 5 No, 0 abstain, Passed
Motion 3: Adopt Guiding Principled for the 2005 Election Process, MSA Cecilia M/Jack Babbitt, discussion, vote, 14 Yes, 5 No, 0 abstain, Passed.
· Also chairs for Stakeholder groups were named, Business: Cecilia Moreno, Churches: Lucia Moreno-Linares, Education: Teri O’Donnell, Labor: Eddie Greenwood, Non Profit Fraternal: Lenna McCarbery, Not profit Recreational: Tony Ringor, Park Advisory Boards: Toni O’Donnell, POLA: appointed, Residents: Trish Salas, Seniors: Gary Kern, Youth: appointed, M-A-L: 3 meeting attendance since 5/2004 and complete turn in form to WNC office.
· Motion form Land Use committee on recommendation to support request from Decoma Industries to permit conversion of an existing three story warehouse building into 35 condominium units on Marin Ave. MSA Maricela/Jose, discussion, public comments, more discussion, vote, 13 Yes, 5 abstain, 1 No, Passed.
6-Report from Jacob Haik from Council Office
7-Report from Dan Davis with ACTA
8-Report of officers
Co-Chair: no report
Secretary- Lucia Moreno-Linares –held over Correspondence.
Treasurer- Patrick Wilson gave finance report, paid 12K to Gephardt for graffiti program,
9-Report of Standing Committees:
Gateway beautification: Jack gave report
PCAC: Dennis gave report
Land Use Planning: Skip gave report
Transportation: Donna E announced next meeting
Public Works: Jack gave reports
Stakeholder Reports: Churches: Helen gave report, Residents: Lucy gave report
8-Unfinished& New Business
Mtg closed 19 Council members present
Minutes prepared by Lucia Moreno-Linares, Council Secretary
Approved by Toni O’Donnell, Chair