The meeting of the Wilmington Neighborhood Council (WNC) was
called to order by Jack Babbitt, Co-Chair, at at the
1. Roll Call of Governing Board Members (Present: Jack Babbitt, Skip Baldwin, Socorro Fimbres, Adelaida Godinez, Donna Ethington, Arthur Hernandez, Gary kern, Dennis McCarbery, Ana Medina, Lucy Mejia, Helen Mora, Lucia Moreno-Linares, Hank Osterhaoudt, Marcus Perez, Michael Sanborn, Patrick Wilson) 13 Quorum. 16 present. (Excused: Angie Colclasure, Cecilia Moreno, Marisela Caraballo)
Pledge of Allegiance led by Pat Wilson
2. Approval of October minutes MSA Dennis M/Pat W 14 Yes, 2 Abstain, 0 No, Passed
3. Los Angeles Police Department- Officers David Siurek and Ana Pinell SLO, gave report. Introduced their supervisor, Sergeant Pat __________. POLA Officer Morris also gave report, Q&A
4. Public Comment:
· Don Compton, Resident, in support of Captain Hayes letter of support for Brotherhood Race Track.
· Austin Dumis, new Director of Greenbelt Community Center
· Michael Berden of 7th Street Garage regarding his business trucks using residential streets. Invited by Officer Morris of POLA.
5. Government Rep. Reports:
· Jacob Haik for city council district 15th gave report. Spoke about new technology for sidewalk stamping. Q&A
· Rosa Arcadia from DONE gave report. Q & A
7. COPPS Report: Community Outreach Promoting Safety & Security, None.
· LA Alliance for a New Economy Alberto Ramirez spoke about new campaign to clean air.
9. Action Items
A- Recommendation for approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve supporting the PCAC EIR Subcommittee motion regarding the TraPac EIR (Item J/PCAC agenda) MSA Dennis M/Lucia Moreno-Linares Discussion, Vote, 3 No, o Abstain, 12 Yes, Passed.
B- Recommendation for Approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve sending revised WNC letter in opposition to Selection of site F to members of LAUSD Board, Mayor Villaraigoza, and CD 15th. MSA Art H/Hank O, Discussion, Vote, 0 Abstain, 1 No, 13 Yes, Passed.
C- Recommendation for Approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC to approve sending WNC letter to DC 15th in support of the ICO/LA City Council 07-3258, MSA Dennis M/Donna E, discussion, Vote, 0 No, 2 Abstain, 14 Yes, Passed.
D- Recommendation for Approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve sending letter in support of the WWDC motion regarding non support of Harbor Raceway to PCAC, Port of Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners, POLA Executive Director Geraldine Knatz, and the 15th CD office. MSA Dennis M/Lucia Moreno, Discussion, Vote, 1 No, 0 abstain, 14 Yes, Passed.
E- Recommendation after discussion from board of WNC to support choice #2 diagonal, and Cinnamon as color for cross walk designs on Avalon and Anaheim.
F- Recommendation for Approval from WNC Executive Board for WNC Governing Board to approve removing non attending board members Candace Graham and George Pan. MSA Gary K / Ana, Discussion, per city Attorney, WNC is within its rights to remove non performing board members, Vote, 0 No, 0 Abstain, 15 Yes, Passed.
G- Motion for WNC to send letter in support of having Avalon Palms declared historical landmarks, MSA Lucy M / Hank, Discussion, Vote, 1 No, 1 Abstain, 14 Yes, Passed.
10. Information Items
· Bi-monthly Community Cleanups Socorro (labor) for Nov Art (residents for Jan
· Ad Hoc Committee Report / Contribution Form review Lucia Moreno gave written report and took comments for form improvements.
· Hahn Meeting Summary: Jack gave brief report and Lucia provided written report on meeting with DC 15 Hahn and staff.
· COLA Planning Applications-info.
· COLA green building program-info.
· Refreshments schedule review
12. Reports of Officers
· Chair- Jack announced that December meeting will only have 1 item on the agenda, all the time will be devoted to refocusing WNC.
· Co-chair Excused absent
· Secretary no report.
· Treasurer Pat went over funds received and spent.
13. Reports by Standing Committees
· By-Laws Committee None.
· Executive Board None.
· Finance Committee None.
· Gateway & Beautification Committee meets the first Tuesday monthly at at the WMB WNC office.
· Land Use & Planning Committee None.
· Public Works Committee Meets on the second Wednesday monthly.
· Publicity and Communications Committee None
· Transportation Committee Donna E gave written report.
· PCAC Representatives Report no meeting
14 Unfinished Business None.
15 New Business- None.
16 Reports from Caucus Groups None
17 Reports from Members-at-Large: None
18 Announcement from Board Members and community None
19 Adjourn 9:08 PM
Minutes taken by Lucia Moreno-Linares, Secretary
Approved by Jack Babbitt, Chair