Wilmington Neighborhood Council

11-16-2005 Meeting Minutes

Wilmington Senior Citizen Center, Wilmington, Ca

 

6:35 P.M. Meeting called to order by Jack Babbitt, Chair.

Jack introduced self and gave brief statement: “As provided by the Brown Act, person in the audience may address the committee in connection with any agenda item or during the public comments period.  Anyone desiring to speak please complete a speaker card and submit it to the secretary.”  Translation to Spanish Available

 

1-Pledge of Allegiance, Roll call of members, 16 present, quorum  

 

2- Public Comment on Non-Agenda items

Don Compton

Ms. Chow on Neighborhood participation project

Frank Myers

3- Approval of Minutes for October 2005, MSA Cecilia/Patrick W

 

4-Presentations:

·        Brian Lee – Southern California Gas Co- Direct Assistance Program

·        Nina Kihlman – LA Neighborhood Housing Services –

 

5-Action Items:

  • From Traffic Committee:   Motion for  WNC to support the submission of comments to Dr Appy at POLA on Southern California International Gateway , MSA Lucia Moreno-Linares/Art Hernandez, discussion, vote, 15 Yes, 0 no, 1 abstain,(Pat Wilson) Passed, with additional comments,

 

6- Informational Items

  • Neighborhood Council Liaison Group Participation- no volunteer found to go to mtgs. with Laura Chick
  • Update on Election of Education Representative:  Bobby McNeil gave report, presented motion to select Donald Compton as other Education Representative, MSA Lenna M/Art Hernandez, discussion, Vote, 12 Yes, 3 No, 0 abstain, Passed
  • Jack was to appoint ad hoc committee to investigate complaint of said election, complaint withdrawn by Mr. Donald Compton.  Jack asked that he withdraw it in writing too.
  • Marcus Perez presented idea of WNC recognizing homes decorated for Christmas with certificates. Cecilia and Lucia will help.
  • Prop “O” Project ideas for funding: asked for volunteers to go to mtg.
  • Planning Department of LA city will hold mtg. on MOU: asked for volunteers to go to mtg.
  • NC manager program: asked members to look at website and see if they think its useful to buy

7 - Report from Jacob Haik, council office

8-Report from Dan Davis on ACTA

 

Break

 

9-Report of officers

Chair:  Jack B handed out reports; including Code of civility, and asked all members to review and abide by it, reminded all board members that standing committees need to meet monthly and need to submit a written report for board packets, snack assignments for Dec. mtg. is for Publicity & Comm. committee.

Co-Chair: no report

Secretary- Lucia Moreno-Linares –reminded everyone to please sign attendance list.

Treasurer- Patrick Wilson gave report.

 

10-Report of Standing Committees:

 

Gateway beautification: Jack announced no mtg in Dec.

PCAC: Donna E gave report

Public Works: No mtg in Dec.

 

Stakeholder Reports:

Churches: Helen announced next Quarterly Caucus meeting of Churches in Nov. 29th.

 Residents: Lucy gave report,

 

11-Unfinished& New Business

 

Announcements

Mtg closed 9:00 16 Council members present

Minutes prepared by Lucia Moreno-Linares, Council Secretary

_________________________________

Approved by Jack Babbitt, Chair