Wilmington Neighborhood Council www.WilmingtonNC.org
Wilmington Neighborhood Council Agenda Our Board Minutes Committees Events Contacts HCNC
HCNC HCNC
Inside (below) or HOME


MEETING MINUTES
of the Wilmington Neighborhood
Council:

April 23, 2003

OR
> Select Another Date

See a MAP of our Neighborhood Boundary

Read our AGENDA

Read our BYLAWS

Send us an E-mail

MINUTES of The Wilmington Neighborhood Council
Governing Board
April 23, 2003

6:10 P.M. Meeting called to order by Toni O’Donnell.

Patrick Wilson led pledge of allegiance.

Toni O. introduced self and gave brief statement: “As provided by the Brown Act, person in the audience may address the committee in connection with any agenda item or during the public comments period.  Anyone desiring to speak please complete a speaker card and submit it to the secretary.”  Announced translation to Spanish available.

1 - Roll call of Members
13 present at call (Attendance sheet attached).

Agenda presented and accepted.

Report from LAPD-Senior Lead Officers- announced that new commander has been appointed for Harbor Division-pat Gannon

2 - Public Comments given on Items not on agenda.

Art Hernandez, Eddie Greenwood, Cathy Fleming, Jessie Marquez, on varied items.

2 - Minutes from March 2003 read and approved MSA Jack Babbitt/Lena McCarbery

Agenda item #7

Presentation by Port Attorney Pat Nave on China Shipping settlement. Pat came as a courtesy to WIN, not representing LAPORT.

Report of Officers

Chair - Toni O reported on conference for neighborhood councils held April 5th, and distributed materials she collected.  

Vice-Chair - Gary Kern no report

Secretary’s Report - Lucia Moreno-Linares went over communications received (9 items)

Treasurer’s report - Patrick Wilson reported that account has balance of $654.22 after paying monthly bank fee. Bank Stmt available for anyone who wishes to see it, report attached, WNC has been funded by DONE, $12,500.  Q&A

5 - Presentations of Elected Officials
and representatives of city departments

Abigail Zimmerman from Mayor Hahn’s office gave report on budget for next fiscal year, container storage facilities,

Donny Brooks-NEAT- no longer in Wilmington but Blg. &Safety dept. still working in Wilmington. NBG-Neighborhood Block Grant program is replacing the old TNI program that Mayor Riordan had for Wilmington.  Funding is not the same and projects have to be re evaluated. Will report more in depth next month. Q&A

Sergio Carrillo from Councilwoman Hahn’s office gave report on community events, Health & Safety Fair, Community Block Grant Beautification, Gov. Day at city hall, Burglar Alarm task force. Sergio will forward the number to Transportation committee & Police committee so residents can send their comments. Toni O’ appointed Cecilia Moreno and Gary Kern to hold Joint Committee meeting to discuss, Q&A

 Veronica Zendejas from Assemblywoman Jenny Oropeza’s office gave report on 2 bills, AB173 voted bill rights, and AB761 Auto repair report card, smart signals.

DONE-Mark Lewis reported that because of Conflict of Interest, we could not vote to pay fee for street fair participation, DONE will pay fee because this was not properly clarified, since regulations are still being clarified.

ACTA-Manny Hernandez reported that donations to local schools of computers from ACTA as project offices close had been taking place in Wilmington, report on progress on Anaheim St, and on PCH.  Q&A

Presentation from California Trucking Association by their Vice-President of Regulatory Affairs, looking for support on AB1651, will come back next month with more information

Break

Committee Reports

PCAC report:  Donna Ethington gave report on Waterfront development subcommittee mtgs. Said motion will be brought by Land/Use committee. 

Land Use/Planning report:  Gary K MSA to support PCAC subcommittee motion, extensive discussion on what motion the subcommittee wanted, and council wanted to support motion but not enough information was provided to make decision.

Finance Report: Patrick W –no report.

Transportation:  Donna E/ no report, will try to schedule regular mtg.

Public Works:  Cecilia Moreno reported on 4-7 mtg. Committee meets every 2nd Wed. of month, discussed illegal dumping problem, asking public works to increase signage notifying of illegal dumping fines. Asked WNC to send letter, will bring text to WNC. Town Square recommendations, increase enforcement, ask BID about private security, letter writing campaign by council to city officials,

By-Laws:  Dennis McCarbery distributed revised by laws with all past changes.  DONE require a form to be filled out every time we make changes to by laws.

Election Committee:  Toni O’ announced that the WNC elections will be held on Wed. June 11th.  There will be 3 at large positions and also any stakeholder groups that have not yet held their elections that is the last day they can do it. Reports were given by different stakeholder groups. If you have scheduled mtg, please forward information to Toni so she can create master list of voting mtgs.

Unfinished business:

1-need booth workers for street fair.  

New Business:

MSA Dennis M/Cecilia M for WNC to participate on June 14th in the Wilmington Family Picnic, discussion, vote, unanimous,

Announcements

Public comments: Art Hernandez

MSA Dennis/Gary to close Meeting at 9:6 pm

Minutes prepared by Lucia Moreno-Linares, Council Secretary

________________________________

Approved by Toni O’Donnell, Chair

Return to MINUTES page to select another date.

As always, the Neighborhood Council Members encourage you to attend local meetings and participate in the decisions that affect our community.

 

 

www.WilmingtonNeighborhoodCouncil.org > home | agenda | board | minutes | committees | events | contacts
site designed and maintained by Links L.A. Web Design, San Pedro, CA

 

Home Page