Wilmington Neighborhood Council www.WilmingtonNC.org
Wilmington Neighborhood Council Agenda Our Board Minutes Committees Events Contacts HCNC
Inside (below) or HOME

of the Wilmington Neighborhood

March 26, 2003

> Select Another Date

See a MAP of our Neighborhood Boundary

Read our AGENDA

Read our BYLAWS

Send us an E-mail

MINUTES of The Wilmington Neighborhood Council
Governing Board
March 26, 2003

6:13 P.M. Meeting called to order by Toni O’Donnell.

Patrick Wilson led pledge of allegiance.

Toni O. introduced self and gave brief statement: “As provided by the Brown Act, person in the audience may address the committee in connection with any agenda item or during the public comments period.  Anyone desiring to speak please complete a speaker card and submit it to the secretary.”  Announced translation to Spanish available.

1 - Roll call of Members
12 present at call, (Attendance sheet attached).

Agenda presented and accepted.

2 - Minutes from Feb. 2003 read and approved MSA Cecilia Moreno/Gary Kern

3 - Public Comments given on Items not on agenda.

Eddie Greenwood, Art Hernandez, Don Compton, Cathy Fleming, Ruben Ledesma, Bill Schwab, Silvia Garibay, Romero Quesada, on varied items.

Report of Officers

Chair - Toni O reported on upcoming conference for neighborhood councils on April 5th, strongly urged council members to try to attend.  

Vice-Chair - Gary Kern no report

Secretary’s Report - Lucia Moreno-Linares distributed attendance record for past year

Treasurer’s report - Patrick Wilson reported that account has balance of $788.29 after paying monthly bank fee. Bank Stmt available for anyone who wishes to see it, report attached, WNC has been funded by DONE, $12,500.  Q and A

5 - Presentations of Elected officials
and representatives of city departments

Sergio Carrillo from Councilwoman Hahn’s office gave report on community events and announced that Councilwoman Hahn had nominated Lucia Moreno-Linares as 15th district Pioneer Woman of Year. TNI program under mayor Riordan is now cancelled because of budget constraints, now we will have NBG program but city will have to compete with other groups for 3 million for 15 projects.  Donny Brooks is project manager and Major’s office needs to be contacted.

Justin Houterman from Neighborhood Prosecutors program reported on Truck Task force judgments.

Mike Gregerson from Housing Department gave report (213)367-9437 to report blighted homes give ph# and address.

Mark Lewis, DONE (department of neighborhood empowerment) gave report and offered to have translator and equipment for next mtg.

Danielle Hayes from DONE reminded everyone that Neighborhood Congress is free to anyone who wants to attend.

ACTA-Manny Hernandez reported that contractor has been chosen for project to start in May. Anaheim st will be finished before PCH starts. Q and A followed

Cal. Truck A. presentation moved to next month.


Committee Reports

PCAC report:  Donna Ethington and Toni O’ gave report on mtgs. Attended. 

Land Use/Planning report:  Gary K gave report on 1020 E “L” St. We can’t take any action because we have not received notice yet from Planning and Land Use.  Q& A

Finance Report: Patrick W reported on DONE software & computer received, MSA Patrick W/Cecilia M to accept donated computer received through DONE, discussion, vote, unanimous. Q&A regarding how we should spend part of the funds allocated for community projects. Toni O’ invited council and community to think about projects and to give input to community so we can start preparing.

Transportation:  Donna E/Gary K reported that Don Compton has been talking to Cal Trans about signals at PCH.  Gary commended Mr. Compton for his tenacity in dealing with Cal Trans.

Public Works:  Cecilia Moreno reported on community assessment that no reports have been received so far until today during the meeting.  They will be reviewed for next committee meeting.  Requested clarification from council office regarding the Wilmington Town Square Task force recommendations, and if PW committee is supposed to be making recommendations or not.  Sergio C. clarified that they may make recommendations to task force.   Next meeting for committee April 9 at 12 noon.

Federation:  Donna E reported that Street Bureau Dept gave presentation to them 800 996-2489 to report illegal dumping.

By-Laws:  Lenna McCarbery reported on 3 action items:

A) MSA Lenna M/Ray Madrigal for WNC to adopt recommendation of committee retarding revision of by laws for definition of Youths/Student rep. Discussion, Vote, Unanimous. 

B) MSA Lenna M/Cecilia M for WNC to adopt recommendation of committee regarding deleting Safety Services rep. Discussion, Vote, Unanimous

C) MSA Lenna M/ Donna E for WNC to adopt recommendation of committee regarding addition of one Member At Large rep. Discussion, Vote, Unanimous

Election Committee:  Connie Calderon scheduled mtg. at Holy Family church for neighbors meeting and for Church rep, Patrick reported on Business committee mtg for reps, Gary K reported on Seniors mtg. for rep, Toni O’ sent out notice to parks boards for mtg. rep, Lenna M contacting non profits, Eddie Greenwood contacting unions for rep,

Stakeholder:  Bus & Industry: China Shipping $-How does Wilmington access fund from the settlement? Not yet clear.

Unfinished business:

1-Car Dismantling- Donna E reported.

New Business:

Discussion on Street fair participation.  MSA Lucia M/Jack Babbit for WNC to have information booth at street fair, discussion, vote, 1 opposed, 0 abs. 13 yes, passed, cost $75.


Public comments: Art Hernandez

MSA Dennis/Joe to close Meeting at 9.06 pm

Minutes prepared by Lucia Moreno-Linares, Council Secretary


Approved by Toni O’Donnell, Chair

Return to MINUTES page to select another date.

As always, the Neighborhood Council Members encourage you to attend local meetings and participate in the decisions that affect our community.



www.WilmingtonNeighborhoodCouncil.org > home | agenda | board | minutes | committees | events | contacts
site designed and maintained by Links L.A. Web Design, San Pedro, CA


Home Page